Very few of us ever recycle plastic bags or wraps, especially when we are on the go. What does this mean for the big picture?
In the US alone, our landfills are packed with an extraordinary portion of the 380 billion plastic bags and wraps that we consume each year, which can take hundreds to thousands of years to degrade.
As far as cost goes, ECOlunchboxes.com released a report that an average family with two children and one parent packing lunches spends around $132 on plastic bags alone annually, not taking into account the cost of disposable utensils, napkins, and pre-packaged foods.
Using a reusable lunchbox kit cuts back on this avoidable waste—financially and environmentally—and can be fun for adults and kids to customize the packaging to their needs.
Lunch box sets
If you were able to save $1.50 per day from not packing pre-packaged foods and lunchbox disposables, your reusable lunch box set would pay for itself within the first month.
Reusable lunch box sets come with all kinds of features, like portion control containers and ways to keep your food hot or cold. They also can be quite stylish, with looks that range from sporty to professional.
Black + Blum lunch bag, containers and spork:
- Includes a sturdy spork and carry strap
- Comes with two containers which have a watertight locking seal
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- BPA free
- Smaller containers fits inside larger containers for compact carrying when empty
Lunch boxes and bags
- Made from high-quality, non-leaching stainless steel
- Features separate food containers that latch together
- Easy to stack and lid doubles as a plate
- BPA free, plastic free
- Dishwasher safe
- Assorted sizes for snacks & sandwiches
- Zippered or Velcro closure
- Many fun and attractive colors and patterns
- Durable and long lasting
Sew your own