Summer Is Basil Season: Try This Easy Vegan Pesto Recipe
This vegan pesto recipe is easy to make and brightens up all kinds of summer fare.It’s summer, which means basil season is in full swing. Either you are harvesting ample, fragrant basil from your herb garden, getting bunches of it in your CSA or buying it marvelously fresh at your local farmers market. Now is the time to try this easy vegan pesto recipe, one of the most delicious and versatile sauces of the season.
Quick-Fix Vegan: Healthy, Homestyle Meals in 30 Minutes or Less Vegan for Her: The Woman’s Guide to Being Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet The Urban Vegan: 250 Simple, Sumptuous Recipes from Street Cart Favorites to Haute Cuisine Everything you need to know about healthy vegan pregnancy
- Wash a bunch of basil, throw it in the Vita Mix or blender.
- Add equal amounts of raw pine nuts and good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a dash of sea salt (if you were using cheese, you would skip this)
- Add a few whole, peeled cloves of garlic (how many will depend on how big your garlic is)
- Add a squirt of fresh lemon juice
- Blend until smooth, and taste. Does it need more oil? Nuts to give it body? Garlic? Adjust and blend again until you get a nice smooth paste with a bright balance of garlic and basil.