A delicious vegetable side dish that takes nearly zero prep time. Just throw it in whole.
- Buy an organic cauliflower, or better yet, grow one.
- Preheat your oven to 325 F
- Rinse, drain and pat dry your whole cauliflower. place head up on a baking sheet (with sides…if it’s a totally flat cookie sheet the oil will run)
- Pour oil and spices over the top. Here I’ve used local organic butter and olive oil, with sea salt, lemon zest and summer savory. You can use olive oil, butter, untoasted sesame oil or coconut oil. Seasonings range from herbs to curry spices.
- Roast in center of oven until top and sides are well browned.
- Serve as is, or slice it up to toss with pasta or other veggies.
It’s also worthwhile to just roast a cauliflower if you happen to have the oven on for other purposes. Once it is cooled, slice it up and put it in the fridge for tomorrow’s lunch or dinner. You can use it as a side dish, toss it cold into salad, add it to risotto…the possibilities are endless. Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable.