Holiday Leftovers: Vegan Cranberry Quickbread
Like many of us, Jenn Sebestyen, author of the Veggie Inspired Blog, found herself with plenty of holiday leftovers. So what do you do with your gorgeous home made cranberry sauce? How about transforming it into a treat you can enjoy for breakfast, with tea or as dessert. Jenn shares this whole food, vegan recipe for one loaf of Cranberry Quick Bread.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce (I used Maple Cinnamon Cranberry Pear Sauce)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (you can sub white sugar for lighter colored bread)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine cranberry sauce and baking powder in a large bowl and whisk.
- Add sugar, melted coconut oil and vanilla to the cranberry sauce mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Scrape mixture into the lined/sprayed loaf pan.
- Bake for 65-80 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (All ovens vary, so keep on eye on it).
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Take bread out of pan and continue to completely cool on wire rack before slicing.
For more healthy, delicious plant based recipes, visit the Veggie Inspired Blog.